Saturday, May 9, 2009

Communicating with each other in ESL class

Posting in our blog is not only a good way to practice writing English but it is also a great way to communicate between our classmates. As popular as students in ESL class come from different countries in the world, so understanding their cultures is easy to communicate and enrich experience to each other. Our class has learned more about different cultures through our community blog such as I knew more about Japan, Mexico, Korea, Thai, Iran, Russia, ect. Though I have not been able to travel anywhere, I did learn a great deal about many beautiful places as well as had a chance to imagine a lot of yummy foods in my mind. I told myself that in future if I had an opportunity to visit any of these places, I would definitely try these foods to actually experience their taste. Also, many of my classmates wrote about their national celebrations or festivals that were very interesting. In short, I think blogging is a great way for students to communicate and learn from each other. At first, I was terrified by the idea of blogging when the teacher mentioned it in class. Due to the fact that my computer skills are not that good, I was afraid that I could not handle these assignments. However, I soon realized that as I started my first post, it was then very stimulating. I could write freely as much as I wanted with no time constraint or no brainstorming. All in all, it was a great idea to start blogging, and think I will be missing this fun activity when our class is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment