Sunday, May 10, 2009


Communicating with my classmates through the blog spot has been a great experience. I learned about their behavior; it is shaped by their culture. For example I did not know that in Japan was correct to slurp when eating soup. Also, by blogging I notice that my classmates’ personality were shape by the beliefs from their culture. The differences between our food and the food from other countries are so noticeable. In Mexico we are used to the tortilla that every dish is accompanied with it. However I notice how other cultures do not use forks to eat their food instead they use chopsticks. In some way learning another culture way of life is essential in order to get to know them better. Now, you do not have the same impression other individual does just because we took the time blogging and letting people to know about us a little bit better. We explained to them why we value and how those values make us act in different ways. However, here is an important part of blogging which understand others’ culture. Having to teach my culture to my classmates was fun. I presented to them important parts of my culture and how we celebrated them. Blogging is not only an interaction activity between students, it in some way made us more tolerant with each other. As a result, of knowing my classmates culture as I said before made us tolerant, not because in a classroom we have to be tolerant. It is because of knowing such information from their culture we know what we are not supposed to be making fun of where they come from or what they value in general. It is a good idea that professors encourage their students to practice activities such as blogging. I t will help to promote interaction between students.
pss. it was a pleasure to get to know all of you, i really enjoied reading your blogs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment