Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why Every Teacher Should Use Such Project as the Blog?

     I have been living in California for about four years.  Adjusting to life in a new country is
an  ongoing and long process that needs a lot of time and work.  When I came here, I felt confused, unsure, uncomfortable since all was new for me.  First I tried to keep in touch with my family and friends in Kazakhstan through e-mail.  Then, I began to find friends who live here with the same background and language as I speak.  When I started my ESL classes, I discovered that I was not alone in this situation since my classmates were from different countries with different backgrounds.  Also, some of my classmates wanted to make friends too.  I know that it is very hard to make new friends because some of the students are not open and outgoing.  I think that communicating with my classmates about our cultures has been an enriching experience not only in improving our writing skills but also in making a good relationship.  We could share our cultures, traditions and learn other cultures.   I think that every teacher should use such projects as the blog to get students communicating with each other.  It is a very good oppotunity to know each other better by sharing some subjects that is very interesting for everybody in the class.  Also, we students have to work to get new friends because our teacher cannot do some things that are dependent only on us.  If I liked somebody's post, I tried to send my comment with encouragement and warm words.  I discovered that the next day my classmate's face who got my comment was happy and was smiling.  Then, we usually began to talk about this posting, and it is was a very good opportunity to get new friends.  Also, I tried to pay attention to my classmates who regularly sent comments on my posts.  It is not a secret that little things can make a real difference.  Thanks to this blog, I learned about different cultures, and know my classmattes better than when I met them in the begining of this semester. I think that learning only through books is boring.  Therefore, we have blogging where we can share comments.  In my opinion, it is very fun and interesting.  This blogging helped me to improve my writing skills, make new friends, and learn different cultures, and traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment