Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Importance of Blogging

Blogging is something that teachers should encourage students to do in order to know their classmates. When we are new to a class we don’t know many of our classmates and by writing blog post about us, about our culture, is a great idea and opportunity to know about each other. Blogging gives students a great experience. By blogging you don’t only get to make new friend, but you also get to learn about your friends and classmates cultures. Knowing about each other’s cultures has been an enriching experience. Before we started blogging all I knew about my classmates’ cultures was the stereotypes that people and society made up, but after reading my classmates’ blogs I learned a lot about their cultures. I learned about other countries traditions, about their religion practices, their music and many other important traditions. I learned that other countries believe and celebrate many of the traditions that different countries have. An example of this is, Japan as well as Mexico celebrates children’s day, even though they both have different meaning and celebrate differently, they both honor children. Communicating with my classmates about their culture has been an amazing experience. Now that I know about their cultures, about what they believe in I can engage in a conversation without been afraid of offending them. I believe that teachers should use blog to get students communicating with their classmates. If students use the blog they would get to know their classmate, they would have the opportunity to know what each other likes and beliefs. After knowing each other, students would be able to help each other in class. Blogging is a great idea, it brings students together and it would help students stop stereotyping. It would help students learn and appreciate other people's cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment