Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Importance of This Blog

Since I started to post blogs about my culture, I have also learned a lot of things about my ESL classmates. This blog assignment gave me a valuable experience for understanding cultural differences between Japan and other countries, and it would be enriching experience for my life. ESL classes have a huge advantage which other classes don’t have in Palomar College. It is that a lot of students from all over the world gather in one classroom. It means that we can gain knowledge about other culture which we haven’t known yet. I believe this knowledge will be valuable tools for our future. However, unless we have opportunities to share our culture, we waste this advantage. Hopefully, this blog assignment performed the place where this advantage functions very well. Before I started this blog, I hadn’t known much about other cultures, such as Mexico, Vietnam, Serbia and so on. By reading a lot of blog posts my classmates wrote I really enjoyed knowing and understanding cultural differences between Japan and other classmate’s culture. If I didn’t had this assignment, I would still unknown and misunderstood other cultures. Moreover, I wanted to introduce everyone to my country Japan, so it was great opportunity to post my blogs. By posting blogs about Japan I was very excited to read comments not only mine, but also other Japanese classmate’s one. I learned how everyone thinks about my country, and which parts of Japanese culture are interesting for everyone. There is another thing I would feel the importance of this blog. It is that I could see everyone’s writing styles. Throughout this semester, our writing skills have dramatically changed. I could see the progress we made in this blog assignment. By reading everyone’s posts I felt that I have to make efforts to improve my writing skills. Overall, this blog assignment gave me great opportunities about not only cultural things, but also seeing everyone’s progress. I would never forget this assignment in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment