Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ballet folklorico
To me, dancing, music, and parties are what come to my mind when i think of mexico. Although i was born here in the US, My family raised me with tradions from mexico. so i guess you could say i get the best of both worlds. One of the things i treasure most about my mexican coulture are the traditional dances known as the moving art of ballet folklorico. I have been dancing for about four years now, and it has been the best experience of my life. Each state has more than one type of costume. Like the dress i am wearing above is from the state of jalisco, the dance my brother and i are doing there is called "El huisache" this song is a funny story about a guy trying to get a girls attention by seducing her in a dance, though she knows that he is a "Campesino" so she does not want to go with him because he is poor. yet in the end like every love story the guy gets the girl.

4 comments:

  1. i agree with you. When someone says Mexico, parties, music and traditional dances comes to my mind. I wish i would be able to dance any of mexico's traditional dances but i'm NOT very good at it. i grew up in mexico and i remember having classmates in different types of dances, they all made it seem so easy until i had to try it and it was very hard. i'm glad you have the patience, courage, heart and dicipline to do this type of dances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who sings that song

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Elizabeth!! first of all I want to let you know that I really admire the passion you have for Ballet Folklorico because you have been practicing this mexican traditional dances for about four years. Which requires alot of dicipline and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marisela I can´t dance any kind of traditional music either. It seems that I was born with two left foots. Everytime that I go to a party I am actually one of those persons who like to see other people dance, but dont dance because I feel ashamed. Due to my lack of dancing skills.

    ReplyDelete