Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sakura


Hi, I'm Arata! If I'm told when is the best season to visit Japan, I definitly answer the spring brcause you can see the beautiful sight of cherry blossom. We call cherry blossom "Sakura." Sakura's best season is around April, and the best sight is very limited. Since a long time ago,a sakura has been an important meaning for Japanese mind. In Japan, the spring is the season which everything starts like fall in the U.S. Everyone feel nervous, excited, and sometimes sad. In such times, when I look up, there is always beautiful light pink. People are encouraged and refreshed by seeing a sakura. Also, a sakura reflects the Japanese seasonal transition. In the summer, it turns into green. In the fall, it turns into red, and in the winter, it looses its leaves. At the time the spring comes again, a sakura starts to color up. I'm really proud of sakura as a Japanese culture.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know that sakura do change colors each season. I really wanna go to Japan to see Japanese sakura. I heard that some people eat sakura too. How do you guys eat sakura?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too as Gift said that sakura change colors each season I would like to see that kind of flowers. I know for sure they are so beutiful. I really like Japan a lot, the flowers, the plants, the buildings. Japan is a country that I would like to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to visit japan during spring. I like very much to see the trees with flowers. I think that it is beautiful. Japan has many interesting things. Jose and Gift are right about sakura. I hope to go to Japan and see these beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete