Monday, April 13, 2009

May 10th Mothers Day









Every May 10th in my culture we make a big celebration. We celabrate our mother's day. All parts of Mexico celabrate this special day, but in Sonora we celebrate even nicer. We sing to our mothers " Las Mañanitas" at 12'o clock with a Mariachi. A Mariachi is a type of musical group, originally from Cocula, Jalisco, Mexico. A Mariachi consists of three violins, two trumpets, and one mexican guitar. While they are singing to our mothers, we distribute the tamales and atole. We all try to spend a great time next to our mothers and giving them all they want. We give them presents and children in school proudly invite their mothers to plays, dances and and give them special recuerdos made from them.













7 comments:

  1. Mother's day is a specical day because we celebrate the hard work that our mothers do for us,but I think that we have to be thankful every day, every moment to our mother because they love us with all their heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother's day is very important for everyone in my culture because is the day that we celebrated the day of our mother. The woman that is always giving the best of her for her childrens no matter what. I think that we have to honor all those women our entire life and not only May 10th. They deserve the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cruz and Silvia mothers day is very important we celebrate it only one day a year. Even though we apprecite the love time and hard work that our mothers have gone through we have a date that is telling you to make some kind of celebration as if it was a party when everyday we should be thankfull to our mothers for giving us the best years of their life for taking care of us when we were young. For helping us when we needed her. For being with us for giving unconditional love. Thank you Mom....=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the same way that Cruz that our mother is so special that we have to thanks God for our mother. We have to thnks our mother too for giving us the life and for supporting us all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Thailand, mother's day celebrates on August 12 which is the birthday of Thai queen. We have king, queen, and prime minister as our leaders in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cruz, Elma, and Silvia. Our mother is the person who always wants the best for her sons. Her love for a son is so big. I always thatnk my mother all the time. I'm glad celebrating with her mother's day. Now is time to to apriciate our mother all the time. I'm always thankful with life because my mother cares for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think mothers day should be every day. My mom is kinda lucky. she get two mothers day's one on may 10th and another the second sunday of may, she gets dubble the gifts. I try to spoil my mom as much as i can when i can. though she knows i love her, i hate it when she trys to take my clothes hahaha...♥...

    ReplyDelete