Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unique Japanese Food


Each country has unique food which foreigners hardly understand to eat. In Japan, we have the food called 'Natto.' Every time I let my foreign friends to try to eat Natto, they always say, "It smells like rotten!" Then I respond, "Yes, it is!" Natto is a traditional Japanese food made from fermented soybeans. It has an acquired taste because of its powerful smell, strong flavor, and sticky consistency, but eating natto is really good for your health. It contains a lot of protein, Vitamin K, and calcium, and it helps to avoid thrombosis such as heart attacks, pulmonary embolism, or strokes. Nowadays, as a typical Japanese food, sushi is so famous and popular in the world, but there are a lot of Japanese food that foreigners do not know yet. Therefore, if you have a chance, I want you to try to eat Natto. Especially, if you are the one who says "I love eating Japanese food, and I can eat any Japanese food., " I challenge you to try to eat Natto!

1 comment:

  1. I think Natto doesn't taste that bad of what I expect before. I ate Natto with you once hahahahah ^o^. I wanna eat Natto with steam rice. I also don't think that Natto is smelly, it just smells like soysauce.

    ReplyDelete