Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thai food






Today, I will talk about Thai food because I just went to eat Thai food at Thai restaurant ^o^. Thai food is spicy and hot, and consisted of five flavors which are hot, sour, spicy, sweet, salty, and sometime bitter. Thai food is different in each region of Thailand; Northern, North Eastern, Southern, and central. Coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, different kinds of soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, palm sugar, fresh peppers, Thai herbs, tamarind, garlic, onions, Jasmine rice, and meat are the main ingredients in Thai food. There are different types of Thai food such as noodles (Pad Thai), curries (Green Curry), rices with side dishes (Stir-fry Basil), and so on. We usually use pork, seafood, and chicken in Thai food.
Thai desserts mainly contain coconut milk, palm sugar, rice flour, Pandan leafs, taro etc. The popular Thai desserts are sticky rice with ripe mango (Kao Niao Ma Muang), Pandan flavored rice flour noodles in coconut milk (Lod Chong Nam Ka Ti), taro rooted mixed with flour into balls in coconut milk (Bua Loy), Chestnuts covered in flour, jackfruit, tapioca, and Lod Chong in coconut milk (Ruam Mit). There are both hot and cold desserts; hot desserts usually cook by boiling all ingredients, and we use ice cube for cold desserts.

PS. We use a lot of coconut milk in Thai food and desserts because Thailand is full of coconut trees. Also, seafood in Thailand is quite cheap because Thailand is surrounded by the ocean.

If you guys want to try Thai food, I would recommend you to go to Happy Chang which is closed to Palomar college. This restaurant provides you with traditional and delicious Thai food. Here is the address :1450 W Mission Rd San Marcos, CA 92069

7 comments:

  1. yUMMYY!! Gift you made hungry!! It is very interesting how Thailand food it is different in each region. I used to think that Thailand food tasted the same regardless of the region. LOL !!you even wrote the adress from a place that we can go and try Thailand food !!I would definetly like to try Thailand food !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gift! Thai food is not diferrent from my country which is Vietnam. Vietnamese food is consisted five flavor as your country's food too. We use the same herbs and spices as your country. I love all of the food U showed here, especially the curry.(sometimes my mom cooks it for me. It is very great food.) Thanks Gift!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Your post and pics make me VERY hungry!!! I also love Thai food and Happy Chang. Let's hang out together to have Thai food together someday! Oh, I know all of the food in the pics but the second one. Is it also one of the dessert? I like the dessert "mango with coconut rice."^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gift!! I really like Thai food you make:) I hadn't tried Thai food before I came to here, but now I really like Thai food because of you!!Thank you sooooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that i never had Thai food before. The reason for that is because I trier sushi and some other food from different crusines but i didn't liked it. However, your food looks great and i can bet that taste even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo yeaa thai food!! actually I work in a thai restaurant in Encinitas "Siamese Basil" I like the fried rice or the spicy noodles or the green curry actually I like everything!!! :}

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you never try Thai food, you should try. You may like it !!! but don't try the spicy one, it may be hard for you to adjust with the spicy taste ^o^. It can cause a stomach problem ^o^ !!! Go try Happy Chang ^o^ !!!

    ReplyDelete