Sunday, April 12, 2009

Internet Cafe in South Korea



More than 50% of South Korean homes have high speed internet connection. The average downloading speed is 3.5 MB / sec (one CD in 4 minutes!), which is ten times faster than the U.S. I was very annoyed from the slow speed of the Internet in the U.S for the first time. Although I got used to its speed, I still want to have a high speed Internet connection just like I had in my country. They are much cheaper ($30 per month), and much faster.

Since Korea had developed the Internet so well that people created a new type of entertainment, Internet Cafe. Do not imagine a cup of delicious coffee and a piece of sweet cake in front of you. Most people would not like to step in those Internet cafes because of cigarrette smokers. Now, people are putting their efforts on seperating the cafe into two sections, which would provide a better enviroment for non-smokers.

However, it is obvious that the Internet cafe has been developing since its birth. Most of them provide very comfortable chairs which you would want to have in your room, and they provide even faster Internet than you can have in Korean homes. Also, they have many attractive food such as Cup noodles, chips, and other food that you might never heard of.

2 comments:

  1. I did not that here in the US the internet was slow. In Mexico we have Internet cafe too. It is good to have fast internet. I hate when the internet is slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to download the soccer match between Liverpool and Blackburn last night, and it took me 4 hours to download the whole video. Yes. I also hate when the Internet is so slow!

    ReplyDelete