Friday, April 24, 2009

Mariachi




Mariachi is a type of traditonal musical group from Jalisco, Mexico. Mariachi represents one of the most popular icons from the Mexican music and it is also well known abroad the world. Mariachi is usually interpret in special occasions such as mother´s day, birthday´s, family meetings, apologizes, weddindgs, quinceañeras (fifteen year old celebration).. In a Mariachi group there it can be from 6 until 12 musicians, but there it is not really a limit. Usually, a Mariachi consists of at least 3 violins, two trumpets, one Mexican guitar, a vihuela (high-pitched, five-string guitar) one guitarron (a small-scaled acoustic bass) and occasionally a harp. They dressup with a charro suit, a sombrero. Commonly, the color of their charro suit is black or white depending on the occassion.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE MARIACHI MUSIC ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC OF PEDRITO FERNANDEZ, AND YEAH I AGREE THAT MARIACHI MUSIC IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MUSIC IN MEXICO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Mariachi too! When I went to Guadalajara, Mexico, there was a mariachi in the restaurant. They sang songs very well! Even if I didn't know what they sing about, I liked their voice and melody. I hope that I can go there to see Mariachi someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Mariachi is the most traditional and important music in the mexican culture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice the mariachi is really cool. I'm sure you will like to have one in some special day or maybe you already had one maybe in your cinceanera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie titled "Mariachi" in my cinema class last week, so I know about that job. I like their music(o'-'o)b

    ReplyDelete